Printer problem

ReyesKing 20:04 16 Nov 2004

I have Windows XP and have installed one Epson CX3200 printer on my area when i bought the computer. Other users cannot print, only i can. How can i set it so that all users can print? on printer settings there is a share printer option and i highlighted it but it still does not print from the other users' areas. Please help me!

Danoh 20:11 16 Nov 2004

Looks like you want to set it up as a network printer ~ what network have you got setup? Or are you referring to other Users on the same standalone PC? Please provide more details as we'd only be guessing otherwise.

ReyesKing 20:15 16 Nov 2004

my computer is stand-alone but there are 4 users on it, so what can i do? How do i set set it up as a network printer?
thankyou

ReyesKing 20:29 16 Nov 2004

please help i have important documents to print and now my one doesnt even work!

Danoh 23:09 16 Nov 2004

How did you install it initially?

Would be worth uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again via Start > Control Panel > Printers & Other Hardware > view installed printers or fax printers.

Click on the printer and delete it. Then install via the Add a printer which you saw a couple of steps back.

When installed properly it should be available to all as the default printer (icon of a white tick in a black circle).

Smegs 00:34 17 Nov 2004

Not sure on this. But try Control Panel-Printers and Faxes.

Highlight the Printer you want to share.

Right Click, Click on Properties. Another screen appears. Click the Sharing Tab.

Click the Share this printer.

ReyesKing 18:31 17 Nov 2004

i tried that at it still didn't work any more ideas>>??? i would be extremely grateful for any help.

ACOLYTE 18:38 17 Nov 2004

Have the other uses got admin rights? and do they have acsess to the printer when they log in ? try dragging the printer icon to the shared docs folder,may work.When you installed it did you tick the box for all users or just yourself?

ReyesKing 18:48 17 Nov 2004

i am the sole administrator, does that affect things? it seems that when they log in they dont have access to it .when i installed it there was no option of allowing access for multiple users.

Dorsai 19:28 17 Nov 2004

DO the other users for the PC even see that the printer is there to use?

ReyesKing 19:37 17 Nov 2004

no they dont i dont know why!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?