Printer not printing written instructions

ponytail 11:01 12 Jun 2019

My wife is trying to print off some walking programs but when they print all she gets are the diagrams none of the written content has printed Have checked the ink content and the black cartridge 3/4 full and the Tri-Colour cartridge is about 1/4 full.It is a HP Printer model number deskjet 2540 series all in one printer.

KEITH 1955 14:32 12 Jun 2019

Hi ponytail , have you tried printing anything else off such as an normal word document or a small photo. In recent years I have printed off items from the web and I find a lot of stuff missing from the print out , I sometimes get empty squares with nothing in them , not sure if its because the bits I want are copy protected so they cant be printed.

Anyway this is what I do , open the web page and use windows snipping tool to draw round the area you want either free hand or as a rectangle with the snipping tool open click on file then print.

If the print out is to small for you to read then choose the edit tab and copy , next open word and choose paste , you can now click on the item and drag its box bigger until it is big enough for you to read and then print.

I use the snip tool a lot on web pages because it saves on paper and ink.

ponytail 16:12 12 Jun 2019

I have just tried to print a document from my laptop to my wifes printer but all I got was a blank page.

ponytail 16:16 12 Jun 2019

I forgot to say what my wife does the local paper quite often prints some local walks which sends to her email address she then goes into her email opens the file and prints it and has never had any real problems.

Kevin Alders 17:15 12 Jun 2019
  wee eddie 18:05 12 Jun 2019

I assume that she is clicking on one part of the article and getting "only" that which she clicked on.

Better to Copy the whole Article into Word, make sure she is happy with what she sees, and then print that. It would be a bonus to Save it for future reference

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware Area 51m review

Serif just launched its InDesign killer Affinity Publisher

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleurs antivirus pour Mac (2019)