printer noise

carolann 15:38 28 Nov 2009

Hi My printer has been working fine. Required an ink change did that now is making a knocking noise.
I tried to print. Message appeared said ink not installed correctly. Removed inks and replaced ( one was loose) still same problem .
tc carolann

Technotiger 15:58 28 Nov 2009

What make and model is the printer?

Try re-seating the cartridges again. Make sure no 'foreign body' has dropped inside, have a close look inside to see if all looks well or not.

carolann 16:09 28 Nov 2009

Hi It is a cannon Pixma. The book that came with it gives no "trouble shooting" items.
Will try again as you suggest remove and replace the inks.

carolann 16:12 28 Nov 2009

The nois starts imediately on start up even before the ink carrage has moved.

Technotiger 16:33 28 Nov 2009

I have only ever used Epson printers, so am not familiar with your Pixma. I would guess that perhaps a roller has become dislodged or as I said earlier some sort of object has got inside near the rollers, or the Print Heads or other moving part.

I would suggest it needs to be taken apart, perhaps only partially, for further investigation. Maybe a visit to your local PC dealer is needed.

This sort of thing is 'right-up-my-street' so to speak, if you are anywhere near me I would be happy to look at it for you. I am in the Portsmouth area.

carolann 17:03 28 Nov 2009

Hi Thanks for offer but live a long distance away although still on the coast.
I will get it checked out further .
thanks again for reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?