Printer and bluetooth driver issue

awest3 17:24 14 Mar 2018
Answered

I seem to have acquired a problem whereby I can't install the drivers for my Epson sx525wd printer and my Bluetooth adapter. I've tried installing various ways, device manager and the Epson website. Each time it says either 'we encountered a problem installing your driver' or 'Data Invalid'. The printer shows in devices and printers but says 'driver unavailable' when I look at its properties. This printer and the Bluetooth device have been working for some years. I'm now at a loss, any help gratefully received.

awest3 17:56 14 Mar 2018

Ok Thanks, I'll have a look at that. You have to laugh though...Trying to use another printer on the same network, albeit a different model, SX535wd, My sx525wd burst into life and printed the page? A message came on my screen saying 'a different model is selected'. I've deleted both printers from my setup and reinstalled just the SX535wd, The SX525wd wont install for the reasons given above. I'll have another play and see where it gets me.

awest3 15:07 27 Mar 2018
Answer

It seems that a virus I got a month or so ago, and which I thought I'd recovered from, was the cause of the issues. It had left a few nasty's around for me. Luckily I had an Acronis backup which saved the day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Sony Xperia XZ3