Print Area in Excel

MAJ 20:02 24 Jan 2003

I have a small worksheet, but I only want to print out certain parts of it. The certain parts are Column A and Rows 5 and 6. In the Print Area field in Page Setup/Sheet tab, I have entered A1:A9,B5:E6 but it wants to print out on two separate pages, i.e Column A on page 1 and rows 5 and 6 on page 2. Is there any way to get them to print on one page? I have tried to "Fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall" in Page Setup/Page tab, but it still shows 2 pages in Print Preview.

Mezzo 20:26 24 Jan 2003

Select the cells you want to print. Then do file, print area, set print area.

Then do print preview.

If it still wants to print on 2 pages (which it hopefully wont), choose setup, page, and click on 'fit to' 1 page wide by 1 page tall (remembering this is all done in print preview, although it can be done beforehand).

Hope this helps.

Then do print preview.

If it still wants to print on 2 pages (which it hopefully wont), choose setup, page, and click on 'fit to' 1 page wide by 1 page tall (remembering this is all done in print preview, although it can be done beforehand).

Hope this helps.

Then do print preview.

Hope this helps.

Mezzo 20:29 24 Jan 2003

oops. sorry about the three identical responses!

MAJ 20:39 24 Jan 2003

Yes I've already tried that, Mezzo, and every other combination of that I can think of. I've also tried the View/Page Break Preview route as mentioned in the Excel help files. Still wants to print on two pages. :(

Anonymouse 20:41 24 Jan 2003

I presume you've changed top/bottom/side margin sizes ?

Old PC man 20:54 24 Jan 2003

Select the cells you want to print, go to file- print area--set print area.
Then do a print preview. This should display just the print area you set.

John

Old PC man 20:57 24 Jan 2003

Oops- Mezzo beat me to it. While typing the phone rang and I had to answer it. Bloody salesman trying to sell me double glazing.

Mezzo 20:58 24 Jan 2003

Now i see what your problem is. Ive tried it too and cant get round it. The only thing i can think of is copying and pasting the info onto a new worksheet, then hi-lighting the whole area. Not an ideal solution i know, especially if the data will be changing all the time and needs to be printed.

MAJ 21:01 24 Jan 2003

Tried that, it still shows two pages, page1 with only Column A and page2 with only rows 5 and 6.

Anonymouse. Could you elaborate?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?