Preparing for Broadband

ChrisAnnSen 14:56 10 Oct 2004

I was on BT Surftime and have just ordered BT Broadband. I think I'm right in thinking that I will not be able to use my old email address once on BB. I would like to continue to receive emails into OE Express - how do I go about finding a new email ISP? I assume I will have to pay for it but having increased my outgoings by purchasing BB I want to keep any extra charges to a minimum. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Dorsai 15:06 10 Oct 2004

When i upgraded to BB my ISP let me keep my old address. So now i have two. Just takes a few moments to set up out look to retrieve e-mail from both accounts at the same time. And cost nothing extra.

ChrisAnnSen 15:17 10 Oct 2004

Thanks Dorsai - I hope my ISP will do that too - I'll go and ask them.

Graham ® 16:34 10 Oct 2004

If you're staying with the same ISP, you can keep your existing email address. You will be connecting to the same server, albeit on a faster connection. So you should not even need to reconfigure Outlook Express.

spuds 20:43 10 Oct 2004

Be a little wary when you consult your ISP about retaining your present email address. They may try to sell you a payg package, you do not need it, as you can access your present email address via your new connection.I was on BT/Tiscali Surftime and Tiscali 'help' insisted that I would need another connection via payg, You Don't.

ChrisAnnSen 20:55 10 Oct 2004

Thanks Graham, and I'll be very aware Spuds, I appreciate the warning. This isp/BB lark is very confusing for us non-IT literate people and I do so appreciate help from 'them that know.'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?