A PPS file extension cannot be seen

gudda96 14:02 12 Dec 2003

Hi There

Can anyone tell me how to change the file extension on an animation from .pps
To .gif or .jpeg.

I have tried opening in Irfanview but no good.

I can open it but my friend cannot when I send it.

Taff36 14:43 12 Dec 2003

Depending on which version of Powerpoint you are using, and if you loaded the option from your installation discs (Office 97 onwards I think), go to FILE>SAVE AS> and in the bottom file type drop down box you will find the option to save it as a Powerpoint Presentation .pps

gudda96 15:02 12 Dec 2003

Hi Guys

First of all
Andy J....I dont need to download PP, I already have it, and I can open this file doing right click with finger on shift /open with. It is the person I am sending it to who cannot open it

Graham...
As you say, its no use doing rename and changing ext as it does not REALLY change it.

Jester

Same comments really, I thought I would be able to open it and then save as hoping I would have the option of doing so, it is a good funny so I do want a solution if poss

BTW...this is the best forum for quick responses

Thanks all of you, if anyone tells me how to send/attach, I will and you might be able to do something with it.

gudda96 15:05 12 Dec 2003

Jester

You are bang on with your conclusions, he probably does not have PPS.

I am sure I have had this joke before with different ext, pity I cant open it and save as something else.

Taff36 15:12 12 Dec 2003

Check my post above - you may be able to send it as a Powerpoint Show already and if so your mate doesn`t need the viewer because it plays on anyone`s computer. See the link posted before and the second paragraph of the overview.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?