PowerQuest Drive Image 7

anniesboy68 15:22 18 Aug 2003

After reading a writeup I'm thinking of getting this program, however looking at the postings on this it looks as if a few people are having trouble! Anyone using it without trouble, please?Also my hard drive has three partitions i.e.C,D,E. I'm assuming that an image of C can be put onto D, which is large enough, is that correct please?.

anniesboy68 16:25 18 Aug 2003

pj123...Using XP, and no, the D drive is not empty, I have various backing up files on it, there is plenty of room on it

anniesboy68 16:30 18 Aug 2003

Coolio...can the image go on a..say a DVD-R or CD-R disk

anniesboy68 17:13 18 Aug 2003

pj123...Thanx, I won't bother, I don't want to lose whats on the D drive. Will have to stay with System Restore methinks. Although, come to think of it I could save all the D stuff to disk then put it back after drive image has done with the drive. Remember, it's a drive I'm thinking of saving to, not another hard disk! What do you think?

anniesboy68 19:49 18 Aug 2003

-pops- good thinking, as you say if the hard drive fails which contains the partitions all is lost. Will consider this closed and leave well alone.

woodchip 20:01 18 Aug 2003

The image will not overwrite anything by putting it on another partition

woodchip 21:21 18 Aug 2003

Do as I do, On to different partition and then copy to CD's. as it's faster to reload from Hard Drive

anniesboy68 14:25 19 Aug 2003

woodchip...ummm, might think about that, so lets get this straight, if I save the C drive image to the D drive PARTITION it will NOT overwrite existing data on that drive which is required by the system for recovery purposes? I can then save to disk of course. The capitals are not meant to be shouting, just to emphasize! ps , not bought the prog yet just making sure!!

woodchip 15:43 19 Aug 2003

It will be in the root of D:\ and you will not now it's there as it's that small. When you run the program you need to choose the 650mb so you can copy to disc. It will split the Image up

anniesboy68 15:46 19 Aug 2003

okdokey, thanks.

anniesboy68 16:16 19 Aug 2003

Repman...Ok thanks...still undecided whether to proceed though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch