Powerpoint Text Converter

mike40 10:17 30 Mar 2008

Hi

I am unable to open some attachments which have been sent to me in PPS format. I have both Powerpoint 2007 and the powerpoint viewer. When I try to open the attachments it says Powerpoint cannot read the outline no text converter is installed for this type of file. Any suggestions please.

Diodorus Siculus 10:30 30 Mar 2008

According to the link click here you need to install updates for your version of MSOffice; about half way down the link, your error message is reported and a solution offered.

mike40 10:36 30 Mar 2008

Hi Diodorus Siculus. I will give that a try. I thought I had all my applications updated.

Many thanks

mike40 10:46 30 Mar 2008

I have just checked and with the update site which shows that my applications are up to date

Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 11:50 30 Mar 2008

Bit of a strange one then... maybe if you post the exact wording of the error message, someone will be able to help.

mike40 12:40 30 Mar 2008

Hi

Sorry I got a bit fed up with it and deleted it. It came from Australia and was probably not important. Although I did have this problem some time ago everything seems to have been OK until now. I will mark it as resolved and if it happens again I will relate the exact message and see if you can help further.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)