Powerline senders with WiFi at both ends

Woody565 08:44 10 May 2019

Hi all,

I need to extend a wireless network, I don’t have access to the router to plug a Ethernet cable. I have tried a WiFi extender but the distance is to far for a stable connection. I tried using a friends Powerline adapters, with my repeater connected to the wireless router then my repeater via Ethernet to his Powerline adapter. This worked well.

Is there such a thing as a Powerline adapter set that can connect via WiFi to the router instead of using Ethernet? So I don’t have to go from the router to repeater to Powerline adapters?

Thanks

Dan

difarn 17:29 11 May 2019

You could consider something like a WI-Fi mesh network.

click here am just awaiting FTTP to be connected. I have the new BT smart hub 2 and, with my plan, I get complete wi-fi so a disc was included. I can get others if I need them. This is with BT. Easy to set up and working very well.

click here

I

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Les meilleurs smartphones Android (2019)