Power Supply. Please help me.

Alfreds Jekabsons 12:02 24 Mar 2019

Hello,do you know if this is suitable for games? Bestec ATX-400W 24 Pin ATX Power Supply 400w or Modecom FEEL 3-350ATX PFC And who is better?

Menzie 12:28 24 Mar 2019

Neither.

EVGA, Corsair, Cooler Master, and ThermalTake. These are the brands of Power Supply you want in a system.

Going with lesser known brands especially at the lower price point can be the difference between a working system and needing a complete replacement.

Your PSU is of the utmost importance, remember it is the only thing between your Power socket and components.

Get a good one.

Alfreds Jekabsons 12:53 24 Mar 2019

THANK YOU FOR HELP.

Menzie 13:30 24 Mar 2019

I'm not saying those power supply units will definitely have an issue but overall are more likely and may not offer decent protection in case of an issue.

Bestec I have heard of, they are used by OEMs such as HP sometimes, however these may be different to what you can get on the shelf yourself.

You said that this will be for gaming, what system are you using this with as most gaming systems these days use bigger PSUs that 350-400W?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:57 24 Mar 2019

Too little power, get a bigger one absolute minimum of 500W and one of the good makes suggested.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans