Power spike, pc starts but black screen

Johan Thorsell 21:20 29 Apr 2018

A few days back I was playing on my ps4 when the charger for my hand controller touched an electric radiator and a jolt of electricity jumped through the cable and in to the ps4. It seems to have continued down to the power strip and from there into my pc. Now when i try to turn on my pc the fans starts and my case and graphics card light up but i only get a black screen. No bios, no nothing. What parts do you suspect are fried and what is there that i can do to find out what needs to get replaced? Thank you in advance!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 29 Apr 2018

The fact it starts is not a good sign. i would have thought it would have taken the PSU and perhaps a couple of rails have gone down.

Hpwever it could have taken motherboard HDD/SSD and graphics card as well.

I would start by borrowing some parts and try and boot with just motherboard 1 stick of RAm and CPu and off onboard graphics - try swapping PSU first

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

George Bletsis' illustrations capture character and chaos with an effortless touch

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment supprimer son historique Netflix ?