Power and memory problem on my laptop

ciropanika 13:55 11 Jun 2018

Hello, so i have a problem with my Dell alienware laptop. Today the computer wouldnt turn off when i pressed the shut down button the screen went black but the computer instantly turned the screen back on, tried with manual way by holding the turn on button and it had the same result. The second problem (might be connected with the first) the computer a lot of times uses 13 gb of 16 gb memory but im not running any apps or games. So when i run a game the computer is realy slow and the games are unplayable. Does anyone know any tips on what to do, thanks! Oh and the computer is 3 months old.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:52 11 Jun 2018

Sounds as if some app is running and preventing shutdown. Use Ctrl Alt Del to bring up task manager and see what process is taking up the most CPu cycles and memory.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?