Power Issue HP Prodesk 400 G3 SFF

ICTTECHY 08:34 07 Mar 2018

click here world, I am wondering if somebody has the brains to help me out!

I am having issues with my ProDesk 400. As soon as I plug it in the case fan and cpu fan spin for approx 1 second. The lights on the front also light up for 1 second. This is repeated over and over again. The fan spins, Stops, Spins, Stops and this goes on and on and on. I have tried to replace RAM, Checked processor paste in case of over heating this seems okay. Not sure what else I can try.. Has anybody ever come across this? It's as if the PC isn't even starting up. This happens as soon as I plug the IEC cable in. Without even pressing the power button this happens on repetition.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. THANK!!

Hi

wee eddie 09:39 07 Mar 2018

Power Supply is probably on it's last legs

ICTTECHY 11:13 07 Mar 2018

Thank you for this I will give this a check. I will try and source another supply to check. Multi meter is reading fine across rails but you never know.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?