power dvd causes crash

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:11 27 Apr 2004

i have been trying to install power dvd on my pcdvd but after instal every time i click play it causes a critical error, ive tried un/reinstaling it, and have also tried reinstaling windows. but none of these have repeaired the problem, i patiently await advice,

ZEROTOLERANCE 20:15 27 Apr 2004

OS windows XP pro

SGT [email protected] 21:30 27 Apr 2004

i know how you feel , I've install various versions of power DVD and every one of the crashed , and that was after a clean install of xp and when the PC was full up to the neck with rubbish.

no matter what i tried to do with it , it would never work , so i gave up and used the msi DVD player i got with my mobo and it works every time

sarge

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:48 27 Apr 2004

what do you mean? do you mean you used a different dvd player, or a different dvd driver

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:57 27 Apr 2004

does any one else know a way around this problem? i cant beleive you cant have a dvd if you upgrade to XP, or is it just power dvd would another type player work ? does any one Know of such a player?

Giggle n' Bits 23:03 27 Apr 2004

or your Display settings.

Set you Monitor to 75Hz for starters,
update your Graphics drivers then install it.

Giggle n' Bits 23:05 27 Apr 2004

I had the problem you had with v3 which I fixed using the advice I give above.
Are you getting a horrible screen of mixed colours really messed up and nothing else

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:05 27 Apr 2004

how do i change the monitor setting?

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:07 27 Apr 2004

thats what ive got, the V4

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:10 27 Apr 2004

i have just had a window pop up saying widows needs to update, some files have recntly been changed that are making the system unstable, windows needs to replace them, insert winxp disc,

i unistalled power dvd hours ago?????

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:48 27 Apr 2004

would something like winamp work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?