Possible gpu problem, graphics glitches

Lee Kidd 13:39 13 Nov 2019

Recently I’ve started getting glitches on some games on steam and it’s making them crash, it’s the same thing on each game and I’m wondering if it’s a problem with my gpu or another issue it’s a similar looking glitch to this

wee eddie 15:43 13 Nov 2019

Just a possibility: If this is only a recent occurrence, there may have been a build up of dust on the fins of your GPU's heat-exchanger

Lee Kidd 16:02 13 Nov 2019

I’ve given it a clean and reinstalled the drivers

wee eddie 16:17 13 Nov 2019

But, assuming your GPU's Heat Exchanger has a cover. Have you taken that cover off, to clean underneath it?

Lee Kidd 17:06 13 Nov 2019

I’ll try this when I get home, it only seems to affect 3 games though and only on steam, could it be a problem with steam?

wee eddie 17:13 13 Nov 2019

I would agree that this may not be that answer, but it has been several times and it is cost free. Just a little time and TLC

Lee Kidd 18:03 13 Nov 2019

Thanks for the help, I’ll give it a go

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

The year's best animated short Hair Love is finally online

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Cdiscount : la PS4 Pro 1 To + 5 jeux à moins de 400 €