Possible advice regarding self-help from router?

spuds 11:50 08 Dec 2015
Answered

I have another post running, regarding problems with speed and router plus ISP support, and this post is possibly an offshoot of that!.

When I get disconnected from the internet, I sometimes get the message "Your client does not have permission to get URL/cgi-bin/Wizard/Wizard-shselfhelp.asp from sender".

This opens a new URL giving 192.1.1./selfhelp but nothing happens, which I thought should have opened the router, but possibly could not due to the broadband disconnection problem?.

The router in question D-Link DSL 3780 supplied by ISP.

If anyone is able to throw a little advice my way, regarding the above,then it would be very much appreciated.

The other post: click here

Govan1x 13:52 08 Dec 2015

Same problem with this chap on Talk talk unfortunately it does not give a fix for it.

Click Here

Govan1x 14:01 08 Dec 2015

Methinks it is pointing to the router settings so maybe you have to fix something in there.

I know I used to get problems on mine. And had to change the settings in it to 2.4 ghz. if you have 5ghz ticked or dotted maybe disable that and just use the 2.4 Ghz.

If it still does not work change it back.

The click here does not work for me it times out but maybe that's because I am not with talk talk

spuds 14:51 08 Dec 2015

Govan1x

I see a TalkTalk community executive responded with Ok thanks. I've checked the connection stats and I can see that the SNR is dropping very low so I've backed the profile off to 9db. Let us know how the connection compares following this.

Which now makes a little sense. TalkTalk at present have been messing about with my settings remotely. Hence the 'from' 6Mb to below 1Mb to now about 5Mb.

Regarding the click here, it should work, its the normal copy and paste from this website.

spuds 17:30 08 Dec 2015
Answer

For anyone interested, I have gone back to TalkTalk at my contact manager level,and asked the question for them to respond. If it's interesting, I will inform the forum, so that the information might help others.

In the meantime I will tick this as answered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)