Possessed Mouse

May$ 15:29 05 Jul 2004

Hi

I have a mouse that has gone haywire. It moving around randomly and highlighting everything.

This file is also showing in the task menu

hpztsb04

any advice

cheers

VoG II 15:36 05 Jul 2004

hpztsb04 is connected to your printer? click here

May$ 15:42 05 Jul 2004

yes i am connected to a hp 940 printer. is that what it is?mmmmmmm

any ideas on what the problem could be??

€dstowe 18:50 05 Jul 2004

There is a so called "joke" program called Crazy Mouse that causes your rodent to do idiotic things. Has anyone (a friend?) accessed your computer or sent you an odd email.

The website for this "thing" is click here

I hope no-one uses it in anger.

If I found out that someone had loaded this into a machine of mine I would find the largest model of mouse (would it be a rat?) I could and insert it into an orifice.

May$ 10:52 06 Jul 2004

I have looked for it in the file search but nothing was found...have also looked at the mouse settings in control panel,nothing unusual.

Its running win98 by the way

any clues.....please

May$ 11:30 06 Jul 2004

have also checked for virus or worm etc using adaware. Nothing reported. I have tried several mouses with the same affect.

€dstowe 11:32 06 Jul 2004

Are you using XP? If so, can you do a System Restore to before this happened? Alternatively, install a backup copy of your system.

woodt 12:52 06 Jul 2004

What type of mouse are you using?

May$ 13:02 06 Jul 2004

just a normal ps/2 mouse. I suppose i could try it with a usb mouse to see if it is the connection at the back....

May$ 13:03 06 Jul 2004

just a normal bog standard ps/2 mouse. I suppose i could try it with a usb mouse to see if it is the connection at the back....

May$ 13:04 06 Jul 2004

just a normal bog standard ps/2 mouse. I suppose i could try it with a usb mouse to see if it is the connection at the back....

o/s = win98
no backup disk available

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)