Hot Topics

Plusnet fee increase, seems unreasonable

rickf 13:21 17 Jan 2020

Hi All, Are you with Plusnet BB+Phone line? If so have you had an increase recently? Was paying about £22 monthly but it's bumped up to £30 since 2 months ago. What is the best tariff your experience. I don't want to change ISP if I don't have to. Been with them since the beginning. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

john bunyan 13:53 17 Jan 2020

I was with Plusnet super fast bb , with line from BT (costing £22) at £22.45 a month, switched a year ago from Talk Talk who wanted £27 for up to 11 mbps. I was paying BT £ 22 a month for line only and about £12 a month for calls ; now my costs in total are £56. Just agreed a new contract with Plusnet for a new contract for phone line, super fast bb at £26.99 . Added £9 for all U.K. and many international calls up to 1 hour each so total of £35.99 compared with current £56. The increase was from £22.49 bb only to £26.99 including line rental so for me quite economical.

rickf 14:01 17 Jan 2020

Thanks John. Will try to get on another tariff/contract.

john bunyan 15:03 17 Jan 2020

Rickf

Look at BT offers to use as ammo. They (Plusnet) are offering discounts to new customers; make them match that. Good luck.

x13 10:11 18 Jan 2020

rickf well your post got me off my backside to do something. I was also with BT phone (cheap tariff) and Plusnet BB. Only can have the up-to 36 Mb/s speed though. Price had increased to over £27 p/m. for broadband only so gave them a call this morning. Had to change phone provider to Plusnet and 18 month contract but they price matched TalkTalk's £21.95 p/m. Will do the same in 18 months time if alive and well!

rickf 10:18 18 Jan 2020

Good to know. I have yet to yet to get off my backside and give them a call but will do next week.

john bunyan 10:58 18 Jan 2020

I get about 59mbps download and 18mbps upload with Plusnet super fast bb . I am about 450m from the cabinet. I partly went to them as their call centres are all in U.K. , unlike BT or TT. They arranged the switch of phone line for 31Jan as they are part of BT if a separate company. I don’t usually like longer contracts but this time I went for a 18 month fixed price one. They say my wife could take it over if I don’t make it that long!

rickf 13:54 19 Jan 2020

Got swap back to where it was. No problem. They were very helpful.

rickf 13:56 19 Jan 2020

BTW, may you all stay forever young.

x13 15:00 19 Jan 2020

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs drones pas chers (2020)