Plugged in old pc after ~1.5 weeks, no video.

Erwin Borger 21:21 02 Oct 2018

Hi,

So i just replaced my pc, my old one was about 3 years old, i decided to give it to someone since i dont need it anymore, in the meantime all i did with it was unlpug it, put it somewhere else, unscrew the sidepanel, get rid of some dust with a dry cloth. now I just plugged it in to test it beforehand. but instead of what it usually does, which is fans go on full speed for about 1 second then go lower speed and the pc boots, what happened this time was fans keep going full speed and dont stop, lights come on normally, but no video signal. anyone have any idea what could be the cause of this or how i can fix it? thanks in advance. I have taken a look at the mobo, but all cables are in normally.

wee eddie 00:17 03 Oct 2018

Re seat the RAM and the Graphics Card.

You make no mention of whether you are still getting a POST Beep

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Samsung Galaxy A9