Please HELP! Fibre BB speeds, Negear R6250, SSE BB

tismecarl 23:39 10 Nov 2015

I apologise in advance for the long post, I'm just desperate to try and fix the issue, I feel as though this issue is taking over. The internet is so important to us for work/college etc

I have SSE Fibre BB, that came with a Technicolour router), but the speeds were 75+MB then <1MB causing streamed TV/Playstation etc to freeze/buffer/stop.

What's been tried so far...

Replaced wires SSE sent a replacement but upgraded router - Same issue. BT changed the modem BT have changed the card at the exchange (I've no idea what this means, but they've changed it) I bought a TP Link TP-LINK TD-W9980 - Same issues. Now I have a Negear R6250.

When I do a speed test on the laptop it shows 60+MB most of the time, but I can't stream Amazon Prime on the TV as it says Insufficient Bandwidth. I can try to stream a YouTube video on my phone, but it will start and stop repeatedly, whilst the speed test says 60+MB

The equipment we use (in case it helps) BT Openreach Modem with Netgear R6250 Router

LG 55in 4K TV - Asus Zenbook x2 - LG G3 Sony Z3 DroidBox T8 Model Humax Freesat Box model 1000s - This one is wired (ethernet)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?