please help buying graphic card

habs2habs 11:53 22 Jan 2017

please i need your help.

I already have old sapphire 7950 BOOST(3GB memory) graphic card

i am thinking of buying either sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+OC model or nvidia gtx 1070 (but i think nvidia it is too expensive for me)

i am playing old games such as :call of duty 1,2,united offensive,all crysis games,medal of honor,battlefield bad company 2,battlefield 2,3,4,sniper ghost warrior 1,2,delta force games

i heard that i have to update the BIOS,in order to buy those gpu cards.i am afraid to do it myself,just in case i done it wrong and ruin my motherboard.

please do i have to update the BIOS to the latest version?

i have 750 watts psu,32GB memory,windows 10 pro,,asus maximus ranger VII motherboard,8 fans for my case.500GB ssd samsung evo, and OS installed in it

the length of my old graphic card is 26 cm

is there big difference of the frames while playing those games.

i hope to hear from you very soon

my kindest regards habib

Archonar 09:26 23 Jan 2017

I don't see why you would have to update your bios to put those cards in, maybe someone else will do but I can't think of a reason. Where did you hear that it was required?

I think you will see quite a substantial performance jump with those cards, especially in the newer of the games you play.

JordanMihailov 17:39 23 Jan 2017

As i am in almost the same boat as you ( i use Gtx 780 ).I had the same question whether to buy rx 480=gtx 1060 or 1070. As Archonar said there is no logic in updating your bios for those cards. As for performance the jump with 1070 would be quite noticeable.The money issue is present here also but a lot of guys said that i should wait a little longer and stretch to 1070 as it will be more future proof.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

How map doodles inspired Eric Chase Anderson's illustrations for a Wes Anderson classic

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleures tablettes tactiles (2018)