playing new games

billy the fish 12:25 27 Feb 2006

i have recently purchaced F.E.A.R. & rainbow 6 lockdown.i have a 2.4gig pc with 120 hard drive,1g of memory & nvidia 9550 graphics card with the latest graphics driver.even with the lowest settings,these games stutter & struggle to play on my machine.do i need a new graphics card & has anyone else had this problem with the latast games

kiddgame2000 12:42 27 Feb 2006

I have a

Amd 64 4000
2GB of RAM
6600GT 128mb pci-e
ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard

and it struggles with F.E.A.R

The processor and RAM are top class but the graphics card is whats holding me back. If i bought a 7800gtx i could max the game out but at the minute im not prepared to do that. I can run F.E.A.R with everything on medium but when i turn it to high it gets jumpy.

My advice buy as good a card as you can afford. Im currently bidding on a second 6600gt on ebay and if i win i will run them in SLI

vinnyT 12:46 27 Feb 2006

As kiddgame2000 has said it's your graphics card holding you back (modern games actually make little use on the cpu, most/all of the work is done on the gpu).

Fear is one of the most graphically intense games around at the moment, even with a 7800gt (oc'ed) I cannot play with all the bells & whistles enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)