Pixvue

ChrisP 11:33 03 Nov 2004

I followed up a tip about a freeware program called Pixvue and downloaded it. It worked fine and is a good program, accessed from the Explorer Right-Click menu, to allow sorting and viewing of photos and seeing the corresponding exif data.

Everybody's computer is configured in a different way these days but I thought readers of this thread might be helped by my subsequent experience.

Since installing Pixvue, I found subsequently that I could not right-click in Windows Explorer and even PowerDesk right-clicking caused a crash and return to the Desktop. In Windows Explorer I was also unable to open either the File or Edit commands in the Taskbar although the other commands (View, Tools, etc) seemed OK. I note that this problem with Windows Explorer has featured both here and in the SP2 Helpline.

I tried to use System Restore but my computer would not do this and returned me to the present. I have GoBack also and this did not have any Revert Points more than 24h old. However, the good news is that, by uninstalling Pixvue (Control Panel, Add/Delete Programs) I have been able to get my file handling back to normal.

So, although Pixvue is a great program, be careful and check whether Windows Explorer works properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?