Pipex e-mail server Problem?

Lettervanman 11:03 02 Jan 2005

I can't send or receive e-mail to day.No problem reported on Pipex site,anyone else having a problem?

Eric10 11:41 02 Jan 2005

No problem here with my Pipex email. Just sent a message to myself and it's come through ok.

Border View 12:00 02 Jan 2005

No problem here just sent an e-mail to myself and it came through immediately.

Border View 12:01 02 Jan 2005

Just a thought - do you use AVG antivirus software? I used to and had problems sending and receiving after installing V7. Now use Avast.

Lettervanman 12:08 02 Jan 2005

All o.k. now. Thanks Eric10 & Barmoor.
Not sure of reason,left computer on stand by over night and when I resumed it was fine on the web but Outlook Express would no send or receive.
When I shut down it warned ccApp was running and saved info,then shut down after saying logging off. It took a long time to shut down.
When restarted all was o.k.
This is a new box running XP. I was not aware of anything running in the background.
Sorry for this rant, might help someone in the future!

palinka 12:10 02 Jan 2005

no problem here, either, and I use Pipex.
I did have a problem (month or 2 ago) when I upgraded to AVG 7, but eventually turned out it was caused by firewall conflicting with AVG7 - changed to Sygate and no probs thereafter.
But if you've installed anything new recently might be worth uninstalling it temporarily and see if you can send/receive then

Lettervanman 12:13 02 Jan 2005

Yes I have been installing lots of stuff,(new Box)so may have a bearing on the problem if it returns. Watch this space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?