Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus

pj123 15:40 13 Nov 2005

I am in the process of copying my Beta/VHS tapes on to DVD. I have the Dazzle Fusion USB capture device which came with Pinnacle Studio 8. Problem with Studio 8 was the sound sync was out by about 2 seconds. I have now bought Studio 9 Plus (£25 from Ebuyer) which seems to have overcome that problem.

But another problem has appeared. I have a VHS tape with two 50min sections on it. I have successfully captured the first 50 mins and stopped the capture. It is listed as Video 1.avi and shows up in "Edit" on the storyboard.

I now start another capture with the second 50 mins (which says Video 2.avi) but when I stop the capture at the end of this section and go to "Edit" there is nothing there and the drop down menu only shows Video 1

TOPCAT® 15:50 13 Nov 2005

with this software. There may be an answer somewhere to be found in this forum. TC.

click here

pj123 15:55 13 Nov 2005

TOPCAT®, thanks for your response but your link doesn't work.

woodchip 15:56 13 Nov 2005

Are you using Fat32 not NTFS? As Fat32 as File limit size

pj123 16:09 13 Nov 2005

woodchip, yes Win 98SE is Fat32. But have not had any problems before with copying a straight forward 3 hour VHS tape in one go. It just happens that this tape has a 30 minute programme between the two that I want to miss out. So I capture the first bit and then stop the capture, roll the tape on to the start of the next bit I want and then start the capture again.

woodchip 16:15 13 Nov 2005

I think the limit is 2Gb it may be 4 just cannot remember but I created a NTFS partition on my External Drive so I could Do Video on my XP Desktop. it cannot be seen on my Win98 computer. but not bothered as I only use the XP comp for editing.

This one of the limits of sticking with 98 shame as I use it most

woodchip 16:18 13 Nov 2005

PS if you are doing your way it will need to Create two files so the second one shouls be Video 2.avi set it just as you would when saving a file. in Studeo you can open one put it in time line then open file two to add it

TOPCAT® 16:20 13 Nov 2005

It works for me, pj but try this. TC.

click here

pj123 16:36 13 Nov 2005

woodchip, isn't that what I said?

"I have successfully captured the first 50 mins and stopped the capture. It is listed as Video 1.avi and shows up in "Edit" on the storyboard."

"I now start another capture with the second 50 mins (which says Video 2.avi) but when I stop the capture at the end of this section and go to "Edit" there is nothing there and the drop down menu only shows Video 1"

There is no Video 2.avi to add.

TOPCAT®, yes that one worked but not the same problem that I have, Thanks.

woodchip 17:04 13 Nov 2005

try saving to another folder

Big Elf 17:08 13 Nov 2005

Why not try to capture the whole lot then edit out the unwanted section in Studio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?