PINK/turquoise thin line on bottom

Barbara Lister 17:02 19 Jul 2018

Horizontal bright pink thin line has appeared on top of black area on bottom of Lenovo Ideapad 100 laptop screen. Where there is a band of white area the line is turquoise blue, appears to flicker continuously almost like someone is typing behind the pink and turquoise line. As it constantly flickers and I cannot figure it out- can anyone help me please- Laptop is 5- Thanks yrs old

Forum Editor 17:25 19 Jul 2018

These lines can be the result of a faulty screen connector on the cable from the motherboard. Often they can be fixed by removing the screen surround, disconnecting the cable, and putting it back again.

If you don't feel competent to do that, take it to a computer repair shop.

Otherwise, it may be a case of a new screen panel.

Barbara Lister 17:32 19 Jul 2018

Many thanks- I will get my son to get it checked out for me-thanks

Forum Editor 17:40 19 Jul 2018

Here's a guide to removing the screen.

It's a pretty easy process - maybe your son could do it for you?

Barbara Lister 17:50 19 Jul 2018

I am in France- living here . I shall be going to UK next month and will get my son to do it for me so I shall wait and see which one he choses to watch as I dare not even attempt it- many thanks but I will let him do it!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs