Piece of software you couldn't live without?

powerless 00:16 27 May 2003

I hope this is allowed.

...But just been going through the installed programs having a look at what is installed and was just wondering what would I do if I uninstalled one of them.

What else/alternative could I use?

I guess the one piece of sotfware I really like and use is...Well... Microsoft Internet Explorer - ok, ok, so its already installed and there are alternatives. But I find MSIE suits me fine, it's fast for me and very easy to use and well I've been with with since version 4 (i think) and it does what I want it to do.

I have tried Opera and although it is a nice browser to use, I went back to MSIE.

So "Piece of software you couldn't live without?" Micorsofts Internet Explorer for me!

mammak 21:30 27 May 2003

it,s not a program it,s not software, i couldnt do without PCADVISER, LOL i really mean that lived up here the last few day,s i have

woodchip 23:07 27 May 2003

Check My Postings

woodchip 23:25 27 May 2003

What you choose depends a lot on what you use your computer for. but there are some things like Rtus say's that are a necessity for anyone to save comp going up the spout. including AV
which every body with any common sense should have

powerless 20:09 28 May 2003

Were all different ;-)

Interesting stuff.

recap 14:54 29 May 2003

Where do I start?

IE, Microsoft office (full suite), Winzip, Google, Acrobat Reader, BudgetYourself, Coursefinder, Sybex ebook (W2K), ...

heidelberg 15:12 29 May 2003

I can't cut it down to just one! Three (or rather four) is the absolute minimum! I haven't included the OS in my decision!

IE

Outlook (& Mailwasher Pro)

Word

powerless 22:26 29 May 2003

Ok PCA there's a (optmistic) 5 page article for you there ;-)

"All material on this website is copyright © 1999-2003. PC Advisor".

The end.

(Anymore replies will be greatful for a follow up (optimistic) 2 page article, in 6 months time)

LANDCRUISER 12:40 30 May 2003

The most important thing is my QDISC back up sytsem,plug it in and forget about it.If any thing happens to my computer crashes ect,i have all my data to reload to pc.Best thing ive ever bought.Get it from click here you will not be dissappointed.

LANDCRUISER 12:46 30 May 2003

The most important thing is my QDISC back up sytsem,plug it in and forget about it.If any thing happens to my computer crashes ect,i have all my data to reload to pc.Best thing ive ever bought.Get it from click here you will not be dissappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)