Pictures not sent with e mail

aforapple 16:19 07 Mar 2006

I use Windows XP. I created a picture in Photoshop Elements and wanted to send it. It was not too big. I browsed to find the pic and it appeared in my e mail(Outlook Express) ready to send. But when I sent it, I had a warning message saying something like' Some of the pictures could not be found' and in fact, looking in my Sent box, it had been sent, but with a red cross representing the picture not sent.
Any ideas what is going on please?

wobblymike 16:26 07 Mar 2006

You should insert your picture as an attachment to your e mail then in OE go to Tool, Options, Security and remove the tick which refers to opening attachments to e mails (I can't recall the exact words). You might want to warn whoever you are sending it too to do the same or the system will crunch it.

jack 17:30 07 Mar 2006

I have discovered of late the best way to send images is not by inserting them or as an attachment
but by using a FREE hosting service.
Take a look at
click here
click here

aforapple 19:19 07 Mar 2006

Hi Wobblymike
Thanks for your info. I will try this.
I now wanted to know if it is safe to remove the tick you suggested for good, or should I put it back every time I have sent a picture. Does removing the tick threaten my security.
I would have liked to send quite a few of the same e mails to friends, so I had hoped to just copy/ paste the pics to each new email

David4637 19:37 07 Mar 2006

You can send the pictures in the text area of the email, then people will be less concerned about opening them as an attachment which could contain a virus. David

LAP 19:48 07 Mar 2006

In Photoshop Elements did you save your pic as a jpg? or a psd?

wobblymike 06:52 08 Mar 2006

its all relative isn't it - I leave that box unticked all the time but then I don't open attachments from sources I don't know - its a balance of convenience against caution i guess.

aforapple 10:23 08 Mar 2006

Hi Wobbleymike
yes. That did work, removing the tick. I have just changed the layout of Outlook Express as well to avoid unnecessary pics showing up
Thanks again to everyone: David, LAP, Jack and Wobblymike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?