Picture Library to My Pictures

Yimbo 18:52 17 Apr 2018
Answered

In the past, when I've downloaded photos from my camera, they have gone to "My Pictures" file, where they could easily be grouped into folders as required. Now they go to "Pictures Library" where there seems to be very limited options. The question is, how do I get the photos in "Pictures Library" into "My Pictures"?
Sorry if I've not put this too well!

lotvic 19:10 17 Apr 2018

They are not actually in a folder in the location Picture Library, that is more a database of pictures that are in different locations.

Understanding Windows 7 Libraries click here

The libraries feature in Windows 7 provides a central place to manage files that are located in multiple locations throughout your computer. Instead of clicking through a bunch of directories to find the files you need, including them in a library makes for quicker access.

lotvic 19:13 17 Apr 2018

From memory on Windows 7, if you right click on one of the pics in the Library and choose properties, it should tell you the location of the file.

Yimbo 12:19 18 Apr 2018

Thanks lotvic. You've been very helpful. However, I'm using Windows 8:1, and right clicking on a pic in the Library doesn't give "Properties" The way I've got the pics into "My Pictures" is by sending them to Picasa and then exporting them. That works - but seem a long way round.

difarn 20:55 21 Apr 2018

When you go into the Pictures Library, if you scroll down is there a folder just titled My Pictures? I am using Windows 7 and I have that option. All of my downloaded photos go straight into My Pictures but are also shown in Libraries.

Yimbo 11:00 23 Apr 2018

Thanks difarn for your help. Using Windows 8:1, I don't seem to have the option you mention in Picture Library - though if I did, that would solve my problem. I'm not bothered that my downloaded photos are in Picture Library - I just wish, as your's do, they would go straight into "My Pictures", as they did previously. Do you know of a way to make this happen during downloading from my camera?

wee eddie 17:37 23 Apr 2018

Surely they do go directly to My Pictures. Those you see in the Library are Thumbnails on Shortcuts

difarn 17:44 23 Apr 2018

Have you followed the steps in the attached - first of three answers for Cameras, Phones and Connected Devices?

click here

Yimbo 17:44 23 Apr 2018

I wish, wee eddie, that they did go to "My Pictures" - but though they used to. Now they go straight and only to "Picture Library" Perhaps something's out of kilter....???

Yimbo 18:03 23 Apr 2018

difarn - Your link looks very promising - - but I don't know how to do point 1 under "Cameras, Phones, Connected Devices" - - "Open Explorer to computer" Can you help with this please?

wee eddie 19:21 23 Apr 2018

Do you get a "Save as" choice when you get to save them?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs