PHOTOS TO SLIDESHOW CD BURN?

rotormota 17:40 03 Nov 2004

Is there a simple photo editing programe available which will allow me to acquire photos directly from a scanner, insert a fade effect between each image & burn to disk in 3 or so simple steps?

I do have a number of photo programs including Magix Photos to CD/DVD & others but they are rather drawn out.

The quickest I have found so far is Arcsoft PhotoBase but it does not allow any option for choosing transitions....just what it chooses to put in.

Any other ideas??

Cheers.

Stuartli 17:50 03 Nov 2004

Have you tried Windows Movie Maker 2?

You can download it from click here or it's provided with XP and SP2.

click here

it's free and is recommended a lot on this forum.

Stuartli 17:56 03 Nov 2004

Normally I would have recommended the brilliant Irfanview but, as far as I'm aware, it's just a straight slide show and changes the images at chosen time intervals.

picklsey 18:05 03 Nov 2004

click here ithink i have posted the link right if i have hold your curser over products and take the free download,i have been messing about with this for a couple of weeks and bought the full version today,i was delighted with what it does give it a go and see what you think.

hssutton 18:08 03 Nov 2004

IMO This is the best click here try it for free

rotormota 18:11 03 Nov 2004

Such a choice!! Cheers folks. Can I acquire directly from scanner on any of these?

marjted 18:53 03 Nov 2004

I endorse hssutton's suggestion for Proshow Gold Don't think you can load images direct from scanner with it, but it is way superior to most others I have tried including Magix which you mention and the customising you can do (if you wish) with transitions and/or slides is superb. Just drag the folder of images onto the time-line and the show is ready to burn if you want.

Edward_Winsall 18:58 03 Nov 2004

Use movie maker two. Copy the images into the program and drag them onto the timeline. Insert fades and you have a great slideshow!

hssutton 20:48 03 Nov 2004

rotormota. You cannot aquire from scanner into ProShow Gold, but you can import an entire folder of images.

rotormota 21:26 03 Nov 2004

I really need one with aquire from scanner facility coz it is old photos & this will speed things up. In addition, a burn to cd/dvd facility & a decent fade transition option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)