Photo Printer: Various considerations

PastorSmith 20:37 10 Sep 2007

Photo Printer:

Im interersted in purchasing an HP C5280, to print mainly [ictures for my office & family. I settled on the C5280 because it has just the 1-cartridge for colour, & 1 for black.

Reasons are, I am taking this printer overseas, and i have to stock-up on cartridges, therefore a printer with seperate colour tanks/cartridges for MAGENTA, CYAN, etc etc will be a iability for me. Also, I cannot consider CANON, because there are simply no cartridges avaiable for the CANON photo-printers; at least, I am told the HP Photosmarts cartridges appear on the market from time to time. Any comments or suggestions on whther this is a good buy, or whether there is an alternative I am not considering would be very welcome

Thanks!

Clapton is God 21:11 10 Sep 2007

"I cannot consider CANON, because there are simply no cartridges avaiable for the CANON photo-printers"

What exactly does this statement mean?

I use a Canon photo printer and cartridges are readily available.

PastorSmith 21:24 10 Sep 2007

I should have added "... no cartridges available for the CANON phot-printers where i am going to". My apologies, i thought it was implied.

I was referring to the lack of printer-ink supplies having been a factor in making my choice, first of all in an HP, and secondly in a nodel that didn't have too many ink-tanks to replenish, and I am asking if there is any advice on a similar or alternate model that prints better for same cost or a little more in cost that I should also consider?

Clapton is God 07:32 11 Sep 2007

Choice Stationery are regularly recommended for all makes of printer supplies in these Forums click here and, as far as I know, will even deliver "overseas".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?