Photo negatives in Paint Net

Oldphoto 15:55 29 Sep 2017

I photographed a photo negative. How can I change it to positive in Paint Net? What are te steps on Paint Net to get this? Please, send answer to my e-mail or , at least, an advice by e-mail to see the site.

john bunyan 18:11 29 Sep 2017

I don't think that is possible. I scan negatives and slides using a special scanner ( in my case an older Canonscan 8800f) A 35 mm negative needs scanning at above 1800 dpi. The scanner software lets you choose colour negs, slides , and has carriers for 35 mm and 110. I actually scan via photoshop. I do not think a normal flatbed scanner for photos will work to do what you want.

Oldphoto 19:20 29 Sep 2017

I didn't get the negative from a scanner. I had it with a Panasonic Lumix FZ 100. If I'm not wrong, Photoshop does this "developing" from negative to positive. But, what about Paint Net?

john bunyan 19:53 29 Sep 2017

The camera mentioned is surely a digital one, so I do not understand where a "negative " came from. I thought you had a 35 mm negative from a film camera.

BRYNIT 20:04 29 Sep 2017

I think if you open the photo in paint net and select adjustments/invert it should change from negative to a positive photo.

john bunyan 20:05 29 Sep 2017

Sorry, does this help?

paint.net invert colours

I understand you photographed a negative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD