Photo negatives in Paint Net

Oldphoto 15:55 29 Sep 2017

I photographed a photo negative. How can I change it to positive in Paint Net? What are te steps on Paint Net to get this? Please, send answer to my e-mail or , at least, an advice by e-mail to see the site.

john bunyan 18:11 29 Sep 2017

I don't think that is possible. I scan negatives and slides using a special scanner ( in my case an older Canonscan 8800f) A 35 mm negative needs scanning at above 1800 dpi. The scanner software lets you choose colour negs, slides , and has carriers for 35 mm and 110. I actually scan via photoshop. I do not think a normal flatbed scanner for photos will work to do what you want.

Oldphoto 19:20 29 Sep 2017

I didn't get the negative from a scanner. I had it with a Panasonic Lumix FZ 100. If I'm not wrong, Photoshop does this "developing" from negative to positive. But, what about Paint Net?

john bunyan 19:53 29 Sep 2017

The camera mentioned is surely a digital one, so I do not understand where a "negative " came from. I thought you had a 35 mm negative from a film camera.

BRYNIT 20:04 29 Sep 2017

I think if you open the photo in paint net and select adjustments/invert it should change from negative to a positive photo.

john bunyan 20:05 29 Sep 2017

Sorry, does this help?

paint.net invert colours

I understand you photographed a negative.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)