Photo Master Suite (Corel Photo-Paint 11, ACD Phot

Severn Bore 14:50 27 Dec 2003

Hi
Has anyone used the photo editing software from ACD Systems, called "Photo Master Suite"? It is said to include Corel Photopaint 11, but I can find nothing out about this particular element of software in a standalone format. I use Corel Photopaint9 (part of the CorelDraw 9 graphica package), for photo editing. If I can upgrade to Corel Photopaint v9 via the Phot Master route, it would be a bargain.
Can anyone advise please?

Diemmess 16:35 27 Dec 2003

I use Photopaint version 9 "by default" so am biassed.Also I feel that latest versions of Corel are web orientated or extra frills rather than huge improvements from the bottom.

A Photo Master Suite website says "includes Photopaint 11.......Photo editing".

I don't think it is a good idea. Paint Shop Pro which has a strong following in this forum is only 10% more, and Corel v. 11 from 300% to 600% more, presumably whether upgrade or outright full version.

On the basis of "owt for nowt" - Any bits of Photopaint v.11 you buy for that price will be lonely and not a lot of use compared with your v.9

Severn Bore 10:46 28 Dec 2003

Thanks for your comments. I am pleased with Corel 9, but always like the latest editions!!! I have been thinking about Paint Shop Pro which is also competetively priced for the latest version.

Diemmess 15:01 28 Dec 2003

Yup, I'm happy now with Corel Photopaint and like playing with upgrades which are REAL improvements.
I hate having improvements forced on me by necessity, say bloatware or new hardware which eventually means that some peripherals, will no longer be recognised or supported by drivers.

Photoshop 7 is probably better than Photopaint but at what cost, not only in £s but in relearning.

I can see the Severn from here, Any connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)