Photo editing software for beginner

whizza 21:13 05 Jun 2003

k been trying out photoshop 7 but its 2 complicated all i want to do is get rid of red eye despec pics brighten ect any 1 recommend any software??

shifty 21:20 05 Jun 2003

Try Jasc painstshop pro, it is far easier to use with all the red eye and colour adjustments etc set out auomatically. I have photoshop 7 but I always go back to Jasc for the ease of use.

crocodile36 21:26 05 Jun 2003

is simpler and a lot cheaper. It does most of what the full Photoshop program will do.

Belatucadrus 21:42 05 Jun 2003

click here= for a free copy of photoplus 5.5

researcher 22:45 05 Jun 2003

Try ACDSee or Arcsoft Photostudio 2000.

Both really easy to use friendly products that can give great results.

anchor 08:56 06 Jun 2003

I agree with shifty; Paint Shop Pro 7, (now superseded by version 8), is excellent. It will do everything you need, and is very good for fixing "red-eye".

A tutorial for version 7 can be found here:

click here

Quite a good "freebie" is Irfanview

click here
don`t forget to also download the plugins

GroupFC 09:09 06 Jun 2003

In another post, Andsome & €dstow recommend a small FREE program for, amongst other things, red eye reduction.

Made by a Kodak company, Ofoto is available from click here

Haven't yet tried it myself so don't know if it is any good!

Andybear 11:45 06 Jun 2003

I'm with shifty and anchor - Paint Shop Pro is the only one I use. I recently bought Paint Shop Pro 7, 10th Anniversary Edition from Game for £39.99. As well as the main programme there is some bonus stuff, such as the Jasc Media Center Plus for organising photos, plus other stuff. Very useful is the inclusion of a proper paper manual (no need to trawl through the online help section!). Their web site address is click here

-pops- 14:10 06 Jun 2003

If you can cope with the GUI, Photosuite is an excellent, easy to use program. It does a very good job very simply but I find the childish (and noisy) interface annoying. Version 5 may have improved, Have a look click here

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?