Phone to Router connection

  macjackz 09:57 30 Mar 2010

I am brand new to Broadband and a oap that is struggling to learn. For the AOL wireless set up I had to be near the one and only phone socket in my house. This means I am in a doorway with router on a chair. I intend to go wireless via a usb but logic tells me I have to buy a longer grey cable that goes from the socket (through a filter) to the back of the router in order to place the router in a room out of the doorway? If so, are they bog standard things, and what do I ask for?

  ame 16:48 30 Mar 2010

If you want a cable that connects your router to your phone socket (via a filter) it is known as RJ-11 cable and is standard. Comes in different lengths.

  robin_x 21:28 01 Apr 2010

click here

or you could look in the Poundshop (or supermarket, Homebase/B&Q but they are more expensive).


You could use a 5 or 10m (max) telephone extension cable and adapter/splitter (so telephone can stay near your single master socket)
Poundshops probably best for those.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

18 Best Adult Colouring In Books 2018

HomePod review

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2018)