Phone Dialer in XP

Simsy 20:08 31 Oct 2005

Hi folks...

Trying to get used to this X malarky... in Win98se there was a telephone dialer... not something to connect to the internet, but a tool for dialing phone numbers. I think it was via Accesories>communications. It was available as part of windows setup in add/remove programmes.

Am I missing something or is it not in XP? I can't see it, and I can't see it in add/remove programmes either.

Bloody nuisance if it's not. I'd recently got it working properly in 98 and have an Excel database with numbers which I could use to lookup someones name and have a call dialled. I'll be narked if I can't use it in XP!!

Anyone know if it's there and I just can't find it?

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 20:17 31 Oct 2005

I've never used it but I think it is

C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Dialer.exe

stalion 20:17 31 Oct 2005
  Splork 20:19 31 Oct 2005

Have you still got a Win98 CD? Look on it for WIN98_26.cab - load it into WinZip or something, if XP zip doesnt support it. Just extract the Dialer.exe and the dialer.hlp if you want the help file.

woodchip 20:24 31 Oct 2005

You can get and use Supervoice for free if You are on Dial-Up. It will not work with BB you have to use skype

Simsy 23:04 31 Oct 2005

I think what you point to Vog, is the XP version... thanks. It is what I was looking for, but I suspect, as it's so different from the 98 version, that if my Excel wont work with that... It needs more looking into.

Splork... I might try that.. Ta.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?