Philps SPD6000FD Internal Lightscribe

redbarron 16:17 06 Dec 2006

Does anyone own one of these, and could you give me you opinion on it please.

Thanks

redbarron

[email protected] 22:46 06 Dec 2006

It works, the discs seem expensive to me, I used it just two or three times when it was new but have reverted to my printed labels.

User-312386 23:18 06 Dec 2006

I can only comment on my Benq lightscribe, i love lightscribe, i bought a joblot of dvd discs on e-bay and never looked back

AndySD 01:22 07 Dec 2006

Yep I like it....at first I had a lot of problems with HP disks though..... this turned out to be a bad batch from HP since then no problems.

redbarron 11:16 07 Dec 2006

Thanks everyone.

Just one more question. Are the results good when copying a DVD movie to disc?

Thanks again.

redbarron

redbarron 11:48 03 Jan 2007

I printed my first lightscribe disc the other day and was disapointed by the result. The print out on the disc was very faint to what I was expecting even though I used the 'Best' setting in lightscribe.

I downloaded a colour dvd movie disc cover which was clear, bright and sharp. I obviously wasn't expecting it to print in colour, but I was expecting the image to be sharper than it was.

I use Nero 6 Ultra with lightscribe installed. I have checked to make sure that both my Nero and my Philips lightscribe writer have the latest updates.

Is there a setting that needs adjusting somewhere or a download I need.

I did download from the lightscribe website the 'Lightscribe Extended Label Contrast Utility' to see if that improves things, but haven't used it as yet.

User-312386 20:25 03 Jan 2007

No but if you use defined lines the print out does come out better

redbarron 10:21 04 Jan 2007

Please explain, as I don't know what you mean.

Thanks

rb

redbarron 09:52 05 Jan 2007

Please see three postings up.

Can anyone else help please. Thank you.

rb

AndySD 18:45 10 Jan 2007

A long time to answer I know...but the make of the disk can be important in the printing, the best I have used so far are the Verbatum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?