Philips P190P6 & OneClick Intelligent Mains

WombatXP 20:05 14 Jun 2006

I've just acquired a new MESH PC for home with a Philips 190P6ES LCD attached to it (which is an excellent screen). As a bit of power saving management, the PC and all other bits of hardware are connected via a OneClick intelligent mains panel which (for those who don't know) detects when the PC shuts down and powers down all the other kit a few seconds later automatically. Likewise on PC start-up, it defers powering up the other kit until a few seconds after the PC. This works beautifully for everything else except the Philips monitor. It'll shut down OK but refuses to restart again. I have to plug it into a separate power socket and switch it on/off manually. Philips Customer Services were, frankly, useless. The question to them was "is there a KNOWN problem with the OneClick". All they stated was that there "might be problem" and I should do it manually. No kidding. Any clues, anyone?

the old man 20:11 14 Jun 2006

I bought the oneclick and can only say that it is a good piece of kit. I also have a problem but with my Epson R200 printer. Oneclick shuts it down ok but I have to switch it on myself. Oneclick does not do the job on this one thing, however is fine with monitor, usb hub, scanner and wireless mouse.

WombatXP 16:54 15 Jun 2006

Hi, old man. Thanks for the response. I also think the OneClick a neat piece of kit. I'm guessing that the Philips monitor has a 'soft off' built in it somewhere that won't react to a restart signal from the OneClick. That was the answer I was expecting from Philips but ... hey ho. Bit of a pity as it works fine on everything else without a problem including my Brother & HP printers. I'll see if anyone else comes back with anything before closing this item.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?