Permissions not working properly anymore

J.. 19:26 02 Sep 2018

A few weeks ago I got a notification that my Recycle Bin was corrupted. To fix this I needed to delete the $bin and restart. Whilst I tried to do this I noticed that I couldn't add, change or delete anything on my Hard drive. This was strange since I didnt change permissions on anything. I couldn't add or change anything in the security tab or the advanced security tab. I thought maybe I have a virus or malware on my disk and ran a complete scan on both with no results.

I used a separate system to look at my disk and had more permissions from there. Once put in my original computer I could delete the $bin but had have to give admin permission for every small change.

As of now I cant download things anymore to my disk, other programs (steam, gaijin) cant update or download anything either and steam says the problem is with the permissions.

My question is now "How do I get my permissions working again for myself and other programs"

Thanks in advance

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)