Permanent FPS Drop on MSi Laptop GE62 6QF

Archie Gogoladze 12:44 12 Feb 2019

Hello! I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Want to start of saying I bought the GE62 6QF 2018 July and it work without an issue, but now overnight the performance has dropped by a lot. I know you may ask, power settings but I've already checked everything there.

Specs: Win 10 64bit Intel Core i7-6700HQ (6th Gen) 2.6 Ghz Nvidia GeForce GTX 970m 3GB 16GB ram HDD 1TB SSD 128

Now let's get to the issue. Overnight I experienced a huge FPS loss, FPS while running Witcher 3 on High was around 50-60 but now after launching the game in less than 1 min the FPS drops to 20-30fps on any graphics setting high or low. since this started 4 days ago GTA 5 used to drop same 20-30fps but recovers in a min and yesterday it didn't drop below 40 playing on High settings all the time. Now Squad, as weird as it may sound Squad has not had an fps drop at all, still runs with same FPS on same settings. War Thunder has had some fps drops I always had 60 stable fps but now the Nvidia fps counter goes up to 80 and comes down to 40 minimum (it never went up to 80 or over 60). Doom 4 also suffered this, in less than a min of launching the game the fps went 20-30 and doesn't recover, yesterday playing doom I had min of 40 fps while my FPS on high setting was always 60 ( fps drops same with High or low settings). Other games such as Day of Infamy, Insurgency work just fine. I haven't noticed any changes in other processes on the laptop everything looks fine but only during gaming problems arise. I installed the latest GTX970M driver from GeForce Exp and nothing has changed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 Release Date, Price & Spec Rumours

Illustrator Owen Davey on how he's created a successful series of animal-themed children's picture…

MacBook Pro 2019 release date, 16in MacBook Pro news and rumours

Xiaomi Mi 9 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs