people wishing to re brand explorer

johnnyrocker 13:51 04 Jun 2004

might be interested in using this.

click here

johnny.

BurrWalnut 14:57 04 Jun 2004

Alternatively, do it under your own control rather than a VBS :-

Remove brand name on Internet Explorer, run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Look for Window Title (notice the space) and change it or remove the entry to get the default. Alternatively, if it doesn't exist create a string value named Window Title, right click it and type in the title you want.

Remove brand name on Outlook Express, run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\6C1.....a long name\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\5.0.
Look for WindowTitle (no space) and change it or remove the entry to get the default. Alternatively, if it doesn't exist create a string value named WindowTitle, right click it and type in the title you want.

To remove the annoying splash screen in Outlook Express 6, run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{.....a long name\Software\Microsoft\OutlookExpress\5.0 then Edit, New DWORD and name it NoSplash, right click the name and give it a value of 1.

rawprawn 15:13 04 Jun 2004

Alternatively if you are running Spywareblaster go to tools, Misc IE Settings and change it to what you want.

pj123 15:16 04 Jun 2004

Lionheart ? 15:33 04 Jun 2004

Tried your suggestion to get rid of OE splash screen, already had an entry called NoSplash so just set the value from 0 to 1 worked a treat.

BurrWalnut 16:02 04 Jun 2004

I forgot to add this to my post.

powerless 18:44 04 Jun 2004

S&D 1.3 can also do this.

johnnyrocker 23:57 04 Jun 2004

well i learnt something about various ways of doing it cheers.

johnny

Andybear 13:25 05 Jun 2004

I did it using a programme called ItweakU. click here

It's great for all sorts of stuff and very easy to use - and no tinkering with the registry!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?