Pentax digital camera software

hugeb 00:35 02 Feb 2004

can anyone help?
I have a pentax optio 330GS digital camera which I used with my old laptop. I am starting a new job and had to give my old laptop back. I now have a new laptop but cannot find the installation disks to download the necessary software so that my new laptop will recognise it. Where can I get the software? I have been on the Pentax web site but could not see anything to indicate software downloads.

ton 00:43 02 Feb 2004

If the camera uses memory cards you could get a card reader and not bother about the software. usually quicker and less hassle.

DieSse 00:49 02 Feb 2004

If your new laptop uses WinXP - and your camera has a USB connection. Just plug it in, and it will probably be detected, and the Mass Sorage driver loaded automatically - whereupon the camera will appear as another drive in Explorer.

You can then simply open your pictures in whatever application you wish, or copy them to a hard drive or CD.

hugeb 00:57 02 Feb 2004

DieSse.............Have tried connecting the camera but XP does not recognise it and when I connect to the internet it does not find anything.
ton.............Looks like I will just have to get a card reader. Thanks for help

ton 01:01 02 Feb 2004

Card readers (and cards) good and cheap here click here

DieSse 01:49 02 Feb 2004

Sorry to be persistent - but I've connected quite a lot of different cameras, and never had one not detected - what happens? - are you sure you've put the camera into the correct mode?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?