PDFs printing on a quarter page

paul_allard 16:40 18 Sep 2015

My pdfs are printing suddenly only on a quarter page while everything else prints normally to A4 as usual. Can anyone tell me why this is and how to fix it? Many thanks. (Using Windows 7 with a HP Photosmart printer)

paul_allard 16:41 18 Sep 2015

Any help gratefully received

rdave13 18:59 18 Sep 2015

Check the PDF reader's 'preferences' and allow 'show print settings before printing document' or similar depending on your PDF program, and you should be able to adjust the settings there.

alanrwood 19:16 18 Sep 2015

Check your printer settings on the print dialogue box when you try to print a pdf.

paul_allard 07:31 19 Sep 2015

I use Adobe reader but could not find anything related to printing in the Preferences section

Secret-Squirrel 08:50 19 Sep 2015

I use Adobe reader but could not find anything related to printing in the Preferences section.

Click on Print as normal and go into "Page Setup". Depending on your version it may be a button bottom-left. Make sure the paper size is A4 - if it's A6 for example then that would account for why you're only getting a quarter of a page.

alanrwood 11:51 19 Sep 2015

On the Adobe print dialogue there is usually a facility for for printing multiple pages on the same sheet. I don't use Adobe Reader myself as I have the full version of Acrobat and there is a button to select this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)