PDA

uk 14:25 24 Oct 2004

Can anybody please write something about the PDA's, their uses and qualities and features to look for when buying one of those.

thanks

bremner 14:28 24 Oct 2004

As with any computer based purchase it entirely depends on what you want to use it for.

click here this site appears to be a good source of info.

GibsonSt19 15:25 24 Oct 2004

Yummy :)

bremner 06:15 25 Oct 2004

By E mail

"Hi there thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can not open the pdabuyersguide.com any other helpful site in this regard? cheers"

It is always best to post direct to the thread - that way others can also assist and benefit.

Don't know why you can not open thesite it works fine for me.

accord 08:42 25 Oct 2004

pop into WHSmith and purchase PDA Essentials magazine. Loads of reviews and stuff.

Tycho 08:53 25 Oct 2004

Ensure that it runs something that will synchronise with Outlook. I use an iPAQ 2210 and have fond it generally satisfactory except fo the fact that it has developed a problem with reaading SD cards and that its nice comfortble rubber sides don't appear to be very durable.

N

drho 09:02 25 Oct 2004

I use a Dell Axim and have done for a couple of years. It is excellent. PDAs are a wonderful, superbly portable means of having Excel and Word immediately to hand. A folding keyboard enhances its use even more. I wouldn't be without mine; it's a gem.
drho

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 09:20 25 Oct 2004

watch films(ripped from dvd),orginizer tools,pocket word,pocket XL,windows 2003 powered by MS,400mhz proccessor(that will probly be never used up),64mb memory,SD/mmc card reader,windows media player9,internet explorer,WLAN for connecting up to wireless network,bluetooth,mp3 player,touchscreen,8hours life with standard battery(swappable).light and thin crisp screen,there only £250,you get in the box:hp ipaq unit,cables and chargers,ms license,handbook,software CD rom,i know i am getting one!.cheers.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?