Pc's monitor covered with white dots

Daniel Ivan 17:50 30 Jun 2018

My computer's monitor is covered with a lot of white dots that became very visible with a dark colored background. The cursor still passes through and half of the monitor is covered with the dots.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 30 Jun 2018

Could be stuck on pixels - can you post a picture?

rdave13 19:57 30 Jun 2018

First stage of a failing GPU is my humble opinion. Try the onboard GPU (motherboard connection) after removing the dedicated card.

wee eddie 20:26 30 Jun 2018

Insects between the layers of the screen?

Daniel Ivan 02:28 01 Jul 2018

What do you mean by "insects"?

wee eddie 03:35 01 Jul 2018

Well, in the past we've had little black thunderflies between the two layers. I'm sure there must be white ones

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:43 01 Jul 2018

Hot weather brings out tiny insects call Thunderflies usually brown or black they are small enough to get between the screen layers of your monitor

If the spots move then probably insects. In your case probably a monitor or graphics card problem if the dots a bright white and don't move..

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)