PCI COMMUNICATION=PCI MULTIMIDIA AUDIO DEVICE

Sterl 14:48 30 Aug 2005

I HAVE A TOSHIBA LAPTOP SATELLITE 4080XDT GOT A VIRUS, FORM/HD REINSTALLED WIN98 2 HARDWARE DEVICES INSTALLED WITHOUT DRIVERS, HOW CAN I GET THESE AND INSTALL THEM, THEY ARE PCI COMMUNUCATION DEVICE HARDWARE VERSION 001 & PCI MULTIMEDIA DEVICE BOTH HAVE A CODE28. WINDOWS STARTS UP NORMAL BUT LOOKS LIKE SAFE MODE (IN SIZE) MODEM CANT DETECT DIAL TONE CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?

woodchip 14:49 30 Aug 2005

Cannot bare reading as you have caps on

Skills 15:06 30 Aug 2005

There is no need to shout. You need to download the drivers for your hardware and install them.

Download everest found click here and install that that will tell you what hardware you have installed in your system and then you can get the drivers for it.

The reason why it may look like safe mode is either a, you need to adjust the display properties or b, you need to install the drivers for your graphic card as well.

BigMoFoT 15:13 30 Aug 2005

Just in case you didn't know why the previous posters were seemingly being a bit rude. Uppercase is interpreted as someone shouting or raising there voice and can be taken in the wrong context whilst online.

Secondly the devices in question are your modem and soundcard. If you go here click here
select notebook, sattelite, 40xx and then 4080 and choose modem driver and sound driver!

But remember no shouting lol!

BigMoFoT 15:14 30 Aug 2005

I would recommend downloading all drivers available from there for the future - obvioulsy you will have to do this from a frinds PC as you can't get online

Sterl 15:27 30 Aug 2005

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I am rather new as perhaps you know by now, I will remember in future about caps lock.

BigMoFoT 15:31 30 Aug 2005

you were new.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?