pcchips 730s m810lmr-bois upgrade?

second best 14:51 21 Sep 2003

hi, can anyone tell me if and how to flash my bios rom.

second best 16:53 22 Sep 2003

bump

second best 16:54 22 Sep 2003

sorry, winxp pro, sis chipset.

ardvarc 18:21 22 Sep 2003

It's a bit confusing as they have changed the model numbers. As far as I can tell your MoBo comes under M830L in the BIOS update page below. Click on how to upgrade BIOS.

click here

second best 18:37 22 Sep 2003

thnxs ardvark, but i can't make any sense of it. not sure waht version i havee. too confusing

Mr Tinkles II 22:39 22 Sep 2003

last time i tried to flash a pc chips bios the damn thing 'seemed' to go through ok but when it actually came to rebooting the whole board was dead after which i snapped the thing across my knee and went out and a gigabyte board. after some investigation i was told that although updates are available it is wise not to do this with pc chips boards as they do not like being messed about.

second best 23:32 22 Sep 2003

that sounds god enough to me. i can't believe how un decipherabl ethe pcchips web site is, and i know i'm not the only one. can't wait to get some apsre cash to get a decent mobo. i'll leave this one i think. thnkxs all.

Mr Tinkles II 00:45 23 Sep 2003

the board i bought incidentally was a gigabyte ga-7va and to be honest for the money i spent (approx £50) i am well chuffed. dunno if this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts