PCA very Frustrating

woodchip 13:59 16 Dec 2009

One minute is running like the clappers, next it will not change pages no matter how many time I click Refresh. This is on any of my computers. Just stops as if its dropped dead

woodchip 20:15 19 Dec 2009

This is where my slow down is, PCA Server called rackspace.net [IMG]click here[/IMG]

birdface 13:27 20 Dec 2009

There is still a problem with thread reply's.There may be two or three replies when I post mine and mine goes to the top instead of appearing last.
So not sure if that could make it hang a bit.Anyhow it has been like that for about a month so something not quite right.

birdface 13:47 20 Dec 2009

Found a temporary fix to my slow page problem.
If using IE8 try Tools.Developers Tools.On the top press Disable.When it opens click on script and it will disable it.You can turn it on again at any time if you need it.
Works for me but i suppose there will be times when i need to enable it again.

birdface 13:58 20 Dec 2009

Nope still got problems.It opens pages quicker but just tried posting and it took forever, same if you press the refresh button.
Working good one minute then changes.it looks like some intermediate problem[probably wrong word] but works well some times and bad the rest of the time.So hard to find the cause.

woodchip 14:06 20 Dec 2009

I have given up on it

birdface 14:23 20 Dec 2009

Yes likewise I think.
Not updated my host file for a while so might try that and see if it makes any difference.
hard to pin it down.It works fine one minute and slow the next.
As we are using Different ISP's it cannot be that.

birdface 14:42 20 Dec 2009

Hi.Under View.Web Page Privacy Policy do you have click here choices.co.uk/images/Gene. disabled.
Mine has always been disabled but have just enabled the 3 of them to see if it helps.
I will be disabling them again later as it is my security that has them disabled.

woodchip 15:21 20 Dec 2009

For your click hear I get not found, I can see by hovering mouse over it click here

thats all I do not know what yo mean by the above, what program or browser etc are you talking about in your post. I use Flock using Firefox Engine

birdface 15:32 20 Dec 2009

Yes boobed it should say broadband Choices.
Just ignore it.it was for I/E8

Quiller. 15:33 20 Dec 2009

running FF and Chrome with no modifcations.

The site is quite fast. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts