PCA Forum is not remembering me

pj123 16:41 23 Oct 2005

anymore.

I have just done my normal weekly clean up and back up.

When I login to the PCA Forum my details are blank.

I re-enter them and tick the "remember me" box but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I have just logged out and logged back in and my login fields are blank again.

octal 16:44 23 Oct 2005

Have you forgot to untick something that says clear cookies when the browser is closed? Its easily done.

anskyber 16:50 23 Oct 2005

Yep same with me today. Maybe its their server?

Stuartli 16:54 23 Oct 2005

You are probably thinking of Temporary Internet Files from IE's Internet Options>Advanced tab.

pj123

I remember you...:-)

The most likely reason is Passwords control if you use Firefox (Privacy tab) where you should try adding the PC Advisor website or, in IE, Internet Options>Content>Personal Information>AutoComplete is not Enabled.

It's a while since I used IE so the above may require a bit of tuning...:-)

pj123 16:55 23 Oct 2005

octal, not that I know of. I do my cleanup and backup every week on a Sunday. Never had this problem before.

Am now loggin out and will shut down and reboot.

See what happens.

DieSse 17:08 23 Oct 2005

PCA Forum is not remembering me

Who said that?

;-))

SANTOS7 17:09 23 Oct 2005

Always one !!! p32j1

freaky 17:32 23 Oct 2005

When you log on PCW creates a Cookie, if you ask PCW to remember your password and then delete the subsequent cookie - you will get the problem you mention. That's what I have found anyway!

woodchip 17:36 23 Oct 2005

It should not need to rely on cookies, I use netscape it keeps my Passwords in Password Manager. IE should do similar

woodchip 17:38 23 Oct 2005

IE may need a repair click here

pj123 17:40 23 Oct 2005

freaky, yes I realise that. I do a clean up and back up every Sunday. All my Cookies and Temp Internet Files go. When I log in to the PCA Forum after the clean up I have to enter my details again, I always tick the "Remember my Details" box (which up to now has worked) but not today.

I seem to have to re-enter my details every time I log in.

Will do another shut down and re-boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?